Sunday morning always reminds me of lazy brunches when I was a child. We always had pancakes, waffles or biscuits and gravy. It is one of my fondest memories.
So, you are on a Raw food diet. I bet you get a craving every once in a while for fresh homemade pancakes!
Well, just because you are on a Raw food diet, doesn’t mean you have to stop eating a favorite food.
These raw banana pancakes are moist, healthy and filling. Plus they will satisfy that craving for a special Sunday morning brunch.
Serve with maple or agave syrup and fresh fruit of choice. Top with a sprinkle of powdered coconut & Enjoy!
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate you purchasing through our links.
- 6 ripe bananas
- ½ cup shredded dried coconut, organic
- ½ cup ground flax seeds or ground dehydrated buckwheat groats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 TBLS cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ - ½ cup fresh fruit and nuts (optional)
- About ¼ cup coconut or almond milk
- Special equipment: Dehydrator
- Mash or puree bananas
- Add flax seed (or buckwheat)
- Stir in cinnamon, if desired
- Mix in fruit or nuts of choice
- Slowly add coconut or almond milk until the mixture is the consistency of regular pancake mix but a touch dryer.
- Dehydrate at 115°F (45° C) for 2 hours.
- Flip the pancakes with a spatula and dehydrate for another 2 hours or until done. Check the pancakes often so they are no over dehydrated.
- If you are pressed for time, you can prepare the raw banana pancakes a day ahead and then dehydrate at 100°F (35°C) overnight. They will not be as moist but they are still delicious!
- Diet Type: Raw