Jump start your spring or summer health plan with superfoods and probiotics.
This berry and “coconut” yogurt has what it takes! Loaded with superfoods like acai berries and yogurt, a natural probiotic that aids in gastrointestinal problems, fights off infection and boosts the immune system.
And talk about the health benefits of acai berries! A reddish-purple fruit from Central and South America that contains anthocyanins, flavonoids, antioxidants, omega fatty acids and many other health giving properties. Oh, acai berry can also increase energy and stamina.
Now that is what I call a “jump start” to healthy living!
Here are a few health benefits
Anthocyanins: Has anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-cancer benefits.
Flavonoids: Protect cells from oxygen damage, protect blood vessels from rupture or leakage and prevent excessive inflammation.
Antioxidants: Protect cells from oxygen damage, may help prevent heart disease and diabetes, help prevent against some forms of cancer and boosts the immune system.
Omega fatty acids: Slow the aging process, lower cholesterol, reduce high blood pressure, protect from heart attacks, ease joint pains and improve your memory.
Back to this delicious recipe! It’s a creamy creation that is bursting with taste and age-defying superfoods! For a special display, garnish with mint leaves or even granola!
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate you purchasing through our links.
- 24 ounces organic plain yogurt
- 7 TBLS organic acai berry juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups organic blueberries
- 1 cup organic strawberries, halved or sliced
- 5 TBLS organic coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 12 whole roasted organic almonds or walnuts (sliced)
- Prepare fruit, clean all berries and slice the strawberries
- In a bowl; gently mix yogurt, acai berry juice and vanilla until well blended
- Pour yogurt mixture into individual serving cups
- In another bowl, combine fruit, coconut flakes and nuts
- Top the yogurt mixture with the fruit mixture.
- Serve immediately
- You can add other fruits such as oranges or raspberries. Garnish with mint leaves or even granola!
Select Organic Ingredients
This article has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products and suggestions are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease or issue including depression. Use products only as directed.
As well, consult a physician or specialist before using any products or changing your lifestyle, especially if you are pregnant or nursing, have a serious medical condition or use prescription medications
Featured picture: photo credit: J. Paxon Reyes via photopin cc
Berries, oranges and yogurt: Andy Ciordia via photopin cc
Just berries and yogurt in blue bowl: topsynette via photopin cc
Berries in nice cup: Eryl Shields via photopin cc