Russia and many Northern countries have been drinking Chaga Tea for centuries.
This rediscovered superfood is said to have many medicinal properties such as boosting the immune system, reducing inflammation, protecting against viruses, reducing cardiovascular disease and improving liver health.
By itself, Chaga has an earthy taste with a touch of vanilla. It blends well with chai spices such as cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, anise and clove.
Our Chaga tea latte is smooth, frothy and warming. It is guaranteed to sooth the spirit and enrich the senses. It is as easy to make vegan recipe that can be altered to fit the needs of your taste buds.
To Learn more about Chaga see this amazing article: Chaga | A Rediscovered Superfood
- * 6 cups filtered water
- * 4 TBLS Chaga chunks or powder
- * ½ - 1 cup honey or maple syrup, to taste
- * 1-2 vanilla beans, cut lengthwise
- * 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- * 1 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- * 1 cup coconut milk (may substitute other non-dairy milk) Note: Coconut milk works best
- In a large pot, bring filtered water to a boil. Add Chaga chunks and reduce heat. Cover and cook for 30 minutes on low heat
- When using Chaga powder, follow the directions for 6 cups (Generally the powder is soaked in water overnight but directions can vary)
- Add vanilla beans, cinnamon and cardamom (optional). Cover and cook the mixture for another 15 minutes on low heat
- With a sieve, strain the mixture then place back into the pan
- Whisk in sweetener to desired taste
- In a blender, add half of the Chaga mixture and half of the coconut milk. Blend the mixture until it is smooth and frothy; about 40 seconds. Adjust the Chaga tea latte to your liking by adding more coconut milk or sweetener
- Mix the remainder of the Chaga mixture and coconut milk in a blender. Blend until smooth and adjust the flavor if needed. Enjoy!
- Diet type: Vegan
- Diet tags: Raw
- Culinary Tradition: Russian
Chaga Powder and Chaga Chunks
Discover Chaga powder and other Chaga products….
Other Important Ingredients for Chaga Tea
Sipping in Comfort & Style