Russia and many Northern countries have been drinking Chaga Tea for centuries. This rediscovered superfood is said to have many medicinal properties such as
- Improving liver health
- Reducing inflammation
- Protecting against viruses
- Boosting the immune system
- Reducing cardiovascular disease
Our Chaga tea latte is smooth, frothy and warming. It is guaranteed to sooth the spirit and enrich the senses. Likewise, this simple vegan recipe can be altered to fit the needs of your taste buds.
To Learn more about Chaga see this amazing article:
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate it if you purchase through our links.
Benefits of Cardamom
According to research specialists at Mercola, cardamom is an ancient medical tradition in South Asia, Nepal and the beautiful tropics of India.
Cardamom is believed to cure many ailments like sore throat, kidney and lung issues, stomach problems, teeth and gum infections, congestion and tuberculosis.
Cardamom was also used as an remedy for snake and spider bites.
Moreover, it is renowned as an effective treatment for urinary tract infections – even gonorrhea.
To top it off, cardamom is a dream spice in the culinary world. In East Indian cultures, it is used in hot and spicy masala dishes and mild curry blends. In addition, cardamom tea is popular drink in India. In Middle Eastern cultures, cardamom is made like a coffee known as “gahwa” . It is served everyday and considered etiquette to offer guests when they visit.
Note: Always consult a qualified healthcare specialist before using any treatment such as a detox diet. This includes natural remedies and herbal teas or supplements. Additionally, the information in this article is not intended as medical advice; it is for educational purposes only.
- * 6 cups filtered water
- * 4 TBLS Chaga chunks or powder
- * ½ - 1 cup honey or maple syrup, to taste
- * 1-2 vanilla beans, cut lengthwise
- * 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- * 1 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- * 1 cup coconut milk (may substitute other non-dairy milk) Note: Coconut milk works best
- In a large pot, bring filtered water to a boil. Add Chaga chunks and reduce heat. Cover and cook for 30 minutes on low heat
- When using Chaga powder, follow the directions for 6 cups (Generally the powder is soaked in water overnight but directions can vary)
- Add vanilla beans, cinnamon and cardamom (optional). Cover and cook the mixture for another 15 minutes on low heat
- With a sieve, strain the mixture then place back into the pan
- Whisk in sweetener to desired taste
- In a blender, add half of the Chaga mixture and half of the coconut milk. Blend the mixture until it is smooth and frothy; about 40 seconds. Adjust the Chaga tea latte to your liking by adding more coconut milk or sweetener
- Mix the remainder of the Chaga mixture and coconut milk in a blender. Blend until smooth and adjust the flavor if needed. Enjoy!
- Diet type: Vegan
- Diet tags: Raw
- Culinary Tradition: Russian
Easy to Find Chaga Ingredients
Chaga Powder and Chaga Chunks
Discover Chaga powder and other Chaga products….
Other Important Ingredients for Chaga Tea
Sipping in Comfort & Style
Featured picture: psiconauta via photopin cc
Two cups with hearts: Xin Li 88 via photopin cc
Chaga tea and flowers: Soikkoratamo Untitled via photopin (license)
Cardamom pods: riccardo bruni cardamon via photopin (license)