A warm embrace for a winter morning, this Apple Pie Oatmeal will leave you feeling energized and ready to welcome a full day ahead. It is a breakfast packed with delicious spices, sweet apples, soft currents and a touch of love.
Vegan Apple Pie Oatmeal is Ideal when the morning gets hectic and the kids need food. This recipe is about as easy as it gets and is perfect for a busy morning. Make this special meal and start the day right with the aromatic smell of warm spices like cinnamon with cooked apples and extra applesauce for a creamier treat. Oh, this delicious recipe is great anytime of year, especially when the days are cold and Jack Frost is nipping at the nose. Enjoy!
Dedicated to the ones I love! May you have a special Holiday that is heartfelt and filled with wonder!Never let go of Christmas spirit! I would also like to send blessing to everyone who follows my blog. Happy Holidays!
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate you purchasing through our links.
- 2 cups thick oats
- 2 TBLS cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups almond, coconut or whole milk
- 4 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 TBLS pure maple syrup, more for drizzling
- 3 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 TBLS pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup currants or raisins
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (for sprinkling on top)
- In a large pot over medium heat, mix oats, apples, applesauce, milk, cinnamon, ginger, salt and half the maple syrup. Cook for 4-8 minutes or until done, stir often
- Stir in vanilla and currents
- Serve warm in bowl and sprinkle with walnuts, a dash of cinnamon and maple syrup. Splash with a little milk before serving
- Try substituting pumpkin for the apples for a nice treat.
Apple pie oatmeal in white bowl with oranges on the side: keightdee via photopin cc Apple pie oatmeal with cinnamon stick: Drew Dies via photopin cc Apple pie oatmeal with raisins: pesbo via photopin cc Apple pie oatmeal in white bowl with black trim: JillWillRun via photopin cc Chocolate, walnut and banana sandwich: Dayna McIsaac via photopin cc