Green tea has to be the healthiest beverage in the world. It is Very high in nutrients and antioxidants. Green tea may help improve brain function, risk of cancer, fat loss and so much more.
Why not spice up your green tea with cinnamon apple or pear? It makes for a lovely change of mood.
This recipe is simple and delightful. It is great for an afternoon pick-me-up or served as a special festive drink.
- * 2 cups filtered water
- * 2 cups organic apple juice
- * 2 cinnamon sticks
- * 3 teaspoons honey or agave nectar
- * 4 bags organic green tea
- In medium size saucepan, bring water, honey and cinnamon sticks to a boil; remove from heat. Place tea bags in to a teapot that you use for a table setting. Pour water mixture into your favored teapot. Make sure and put the teapot lid on to prevent the aroma and medicinal properties from escaping. Seep for 10 minutes without disturbing tea bags.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size saucepan, heat apple juice. Remove teabags and add apple juice to tea. Serve with apple slices or a cinnamon stick if desired.
- Diet Type: Vegan
- Culinary Tradition: Chinese
- If you don’t like apple juice, pear juice is a great substitute. You can also add a touch of cream or nut milk for a nice smooth cup of green tea.
Using Bulk Green Tea
If you prefer using bulk green tea instead of tea bags you should use 1 tablespoon per 16 ounces of water. However, the amount of bulk green tea can vary depending on the type of tea. This also goes for seeping time. For detailed information on bulk green tea go to The Many Health Benefits of Green Tea
Finding Quality Green Tea
When it comes to making green tea, you only want the finest quality. One of the best tea company’s I know is Two Leaves Tea Company. This amazing “green” tea company is recognized for their passion, care and effort that goes into cupping their tea.
Another great company is Mountain Rose Herbs. They have a fabulous selection of not only organic green tea but a variety of herbs.
Organic Green Tea and Teapots