These delicious griddle cakes can be served any time of day. Has a delicate nutty flavor and wonderful texture. Serve warm with butter, honey or maple syrup and have the kids and adults coming back for more.
These griddle cakes are quick and easy to make. It is a common favorite on a Sunday morning or an after school affair. Great served with homemade whipped cream, maple syrup, shaved almonds and natural powdered sugar dusted over the top.
- *1 ¼ cup fresh cornmeal (organic)
- *4 TBLS whole wheat flour
- *1 teaspoon honey
- *½ teaspoon salt
- *2 teaspoons baking powder
- *1 ½ cups milk
- *1 TBLE olive oil
- *2 eggs, well beaten
- Slightly heat the milk and add honey. Let cool.
- In a large bowl mix cornmeal, wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk mixture to flour then add eggs.
- Warm and oil a skillet. Pour about ¼ -1/3 cup batter onto hot skillet. When cakes form bubbles on the top and the edges are brown, flip over. Cook until done.
- Serve hot with desired topping
- Make sure to use organic cornmeal so that it is high quality and non-GMO
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Diet Tags: High Protein
Cooking with Griddle Pans
The best way to cook cornmeal griddle cakes is on a griddle pan. They turn out perfect, slightly crisp on the edges and soft in the center. The best place to find pans for griddle cakes is on Amazon. They have high quality griddles with low prices.