This is an amazing Cranberry Spinach Salad that’s guaranteed to get raves. Fresh spinach, roasted almonds and cranberries are gently mixed with a sweet and pungent homemade dressing creating a favorite for you and your guests.
Serve with your desired meal or a spicy Italian dish such as Vegetarian Calzones with Shitake & Pesto
- * 1 TBLS organic butter, unsalted
- * ¾ cup almonds, pine nuts or walnuts
- * 1 pound fresh organic spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
- * 1 cup dried cranberries
- * ½ cup 1 cup gorgonzola or feta, crumbled (optional)
- For Dressing
- * ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- * 1/3 cup organic raw turbinado sugar
- * 2 TBLS sesame seeds, toasted
- * 2 teaspoons onion, finely minced (optional)
- * ½ cup organic cider vinegar
- * Salt and pepper to tastes, if desired
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté nuts until lightly toasted, about 3 and 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sesame seeds, sugar, onion, vinegar and oil. Set aside. Stir and toss over salad right before serving
- In a large bowl, mix spinach with nuts, cranberries and cheese
- Serve with dressing, garlic bread and your favorite meal. Enjoy!
- Diet type: Vegetarian
- Note: You can also toss the salad with hot olive oil dressing. This causes it to wilt just enough to lightly soften and bring out a bright green color in the spinach.