This has to be my favorite soup, especially in the spring.
Just think about it, carrots are one of the first vegetables that poke their heads out of the ground in the springtime.
Besides, there’s no better way to celebrate spring rain (or snow) than with a nice bowl of creamy dairy free carrot soup. And let me tell you, this amazing dish is what springtime feasts are all about.
This carrot soup has a lot of bonuses. It’s easy to make. It pairs with about any meal. It’s packed with loads of vitamins such as A and C.
Plus, the flavor is fabulous; it has a touch of spice coupled with the slight sweetness of carrots and has an amazing creamy base.
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 10 small organic carrots (or 6 large); about 3 cups, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 scallions (white part only), chopped
- 1 cup plain almond milk (may substitute coconut milk)
- Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
- Chives, cilantro or croutons for garnish
- In a large saucepan, combine carrot, vegetable broth, scallions and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to an active simmer. Cook carrots until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In 3-4 batches, add carrot mixture to a blender. Puree each batch until smooth.
- Return carrot mixture to saucepan. Stir in almond or coconut milk. Heat the mixture slowly until warm. Do not boil. Serve the carrot soup with preferred garnish
- Diet Type: Vegan
- Diet Tags: Dairy-Free, Gluten Free
- This soup goes well with toasted almonds as a garnish. Slice 1/3 cup almonds and toast in a shallow baking pan until golden, about 5-15 minutes at 350°F (180°C)
Dairy Free Ingredients
Carrot soup in blue bowl: Great British Chefs via photopin cc
Carrot soup with bread: Canadian Pacific via photopin cc
Carrot soup in fancy bowls with cilantro: shutterbean via photopin cc
Carrot soup in wood bowl: bionicgrrrl via photopin cc