This is some of the best granola you will ever taste. This recipe is perfectly sweet and versatile. In truth, the variations are almost unlimited. Try mixing in different grains, your favorite type of nuts, spices like cinnamon or clove or try adding dried fruit.
This homemade granola is also very healthy and definitely good for you. Serve for breakfast or for an afternoon snack, the kids will love it.
- * 1 cup rye flakes, organic
- * 1 cup barley flakes, organic
- * 2 cups steel cut oats, organic
- * 1 cup walnuts, chopped or other preferred nuts
- * 1-2 TBLS blackstrap molasses (optional) Note” maple syrup is also good
- * 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- * ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, organic
- * 1/3 cup raw honey (see notes for vegan version)
- * 1/3 cup water
- * ¾ cup dried fruit of choice: coconut, raisins, papaya, cranberries, cherries, etc.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (145°C)
- In a large bowl mix in rye flakes, barley flakes, oats, nuts and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl mix honey, molasses, water and oil together. Stir into oat mixture until well combined. Spread on a large cookie sheets. It will probably take more than 1 cookie sheet to bake all the mixture
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir every 10 minutes to prevent burning
- Cool completely then add dried fruit. Serve with milk, soy or rice milk or yogurt
- Store in air tight container to keep fresh
- Diet Tags: Low Calorie, High Protein, Gluten Free,Vegan
- For vegan; substitute equal amounts of maple syrup or agave nectar for the honey.