As Dr. Oz says, cruciferous veggies such as cauliflower have been found to help prevent cancer.
What is more, a cauliflower soup with medicinal spices is a great way to start a healthy detox diet for the kidneys. In fact, spices like turmeric (the main ingredient in curry) may contain many health benefits :
- Help Burn Fat
- Help Boost Immunity
- Lower Risk of Cancer
- Reduce Swelling in Joints
- Eliminate or lower cold and flu symptoms
- Lessen Risk of Alzheimer’s and Dementia
For more information on the health benefits see:
This curried cauliflower soup is silky smooth, warming and flavorful. It is the perfect meal to start a detox diet or give your family the health benefits of cruciferous cauliflower.
The recipe is also vegan, dairy free, gluten free, wheat free and high fiber!
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate you purchasing through our links.
- * 3 TBSP butter
- * 1 - 1 ½ head cauliflower
- * 1 medium onion, diced
- * 3 cloves garlic, minced
- * 1 TBSP curry powder
- * 1 teaspoon turmeric
- * 1 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- * 1 TBSP fresh ginger, minced
- * 2 teaspoons Himalayan or rock salt, to taste
- * Fresh ground pepper to taste
- * 1 TBSP arrowroot, dissolved in 2 TBSP liquid (may substitute 2 TBSP flour)
- * 8 cups of unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk (in the can, use full fat otherwise the soup will be watery)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add curry and coriander. Cook for 1 minute. Add chopped onion, minced garlic and fresh ginger. Cook for 10 minutes stirring often
- Add arrowroot (or flour), cook for 2-3 minutes
- Slowly add coconut or almond milk. Stir continuously to avoid lumps
- Mix in cauliflower. Bring to a boil then lower heat to low. Simmer for 30-40 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Remove from heat and cool slightly
- Using a blender or food processor, purée soup in batches until smooth. Taste the soup and add salt and pepper if needed
- Return to stove and heat until hot. You can also put it on simmer until ready to eat
- Ladle into bowls and serve with desired garnish like cilantro or pumpkins seeds, rice or bread and salad. Enjoy!
- Using coconut milk gives you a creamier soup. You can also substitute whole milk for liquid base.
- Diet Type: Vegan
- Diet Tags: Low Calorie, Reduced Fat, Gluten Free
- Culinary Tradition: Indian (Marathi Cuisine)
Ladles for Serving Curried Cauliflower Soup
Ah, the little things that make life easier! ~
Curried Cauliflower Soup Bowls
Ah, the warm bowl in our grasp that holds a delightful Curried Cauliflower Soup
Dutch Oven Makes Cooking a Breeze
Let’s make life easy.. no one will know the difference…
Or better yet, a dutch oven is perfect for cooking soups and stew at home and by the campfire!
Blending with Ease
I don’t know about you, but I really don’t like slaving in the kitchen 24/7. Don’t get me wrong, I love to cook. But sometimes I get rather busy. So, save some time in the kitchen by using a state-of-the-art blender or food processor! Plus, your soups will be whole lot creamier and smoother! Yum!