Just like home, this soup is comforting especially on a cold day.
I also enjoy this wholesome soup when potatoes are ready to harvest in July or August.
This is a hearty meal that is easy to make and can be made when you’re rushed for time.
It is wonderful by itself or served with crackers, fresh baguettes or homemade bread such as Quick Oven Baked Bread.
Make plenty; this soup is a big hit.
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate you purchasing through our links.
- *4 medium potatoes, diced
- *1 onion or leek, chopped
- *1 stalk of celery (optional)
- *1 clove garlic, minced
- *2-3 TBS butter
- *2 cups milk
- *½ cup cream or half & half
- *Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- *Fresh chives
- *Grated Cheese
- 1. Clean potatoes thoroughly and chop into bite size pieces.
- 2. Add potatoes, onion, garlic in a pan and fill slightly with water. Cook until potatoes are almost done, about 15 minutes.
- 3. Add milk, half & half, butter, salt and pepper. Bring to a slow boil. Cook mixture for another 5-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 4. Serve hot with desired garnish.
- For a creamier dish, you can blend the soup in a blender until smooth then reheat before serving.
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Culinary Tradition: German
Flat Soup Bowls for Pastas & Cream or Potato Soup
Libbey Crisa Moderno Soup/Salad Bowl, 9-Inch, Box of 12, Clear
Bormioli Rocco Parma Soup Plates, Set of 6, White
BIA 402453+992 Cracker and Soup Bowl Chartreuse, 15-Ounce, Green and White
HIC Individual French Onion Soup Crock with Handles and Lids, Ceramic Stoneware, Brown, 14-Ounce Capacity, Set of 4