This is a superb French crepe batter recipe that will get raves. Thin, fluffy, light and delicate!
It is simple to make and adaptable to your tastes and moods. Delight in the ideal crepe recipe for a wonderful week-end breakfast.
You can also serve these amazing crepes for a lazy Sunday brunch when you have guests that like to sleep in. They will adore you for such a fabulous meal.
The only problem is that they will want to stay another night or two, just to have these delicious French crepes.
I also like to use this crepe recipe for dessert. There are so many variations like chocolate cream, fresh fruit or honeyed bananas with maple.
For an amazing dessert, fill with a desired fruit filling and top with a smooth French Crème Anglaise Custard Sauce.
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour, may substitute half with rice flour for lighter texture
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 TBSP honey or agave nectar, optional
- Beat eggs until well mixed
- Add flour, salt, honey, milk, beaten eggs and butter into a blender until smooth. About 30 seconds
- Let batter rest for 15 minutes until at room temperature
- Whisk batter before cooking
- Heat a lightly oiled large skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/3 cup batter onto hot skillet. Swirl until the batter covers the bottom of griddle pan. Cook until 2 to 3 minutes or until the bottom side is golden brown.
- Gently loosen the crepe and flip over. Cook the other side for 1-2 minutes or until done
- Serve hot with desired filling and special garnish
- This easy crepe batter recipe is extremely versatile. Here are a few ideas to get you started
- Spring asparagus topped with a hollandaise sauce
- Steamed spinach, Gruyere cheese and pesto spices
- Savory shitake mushrooms and freshly grated Romano cheese
- Honeyed bananas with ginger and nutmeg with a light maple sauce
- Rich chocolate filling, a dollop of whipped cream and slivered almonds
- Steamed sliced apples, honey and cinnamon topped with vanilla yogurt
- Fresh sliced strawberries, sweetened cream cheese with a chocolate sauce
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Diet Tags: Low Calorie, Reduced Fat, Reduced Carbohydrate, High Protein, Gluten Free
- Culinary Tradition: French
Special Crepe Griddles
To master the art of cooking French crepes you can use a special crepe griddle that will make the process so much easier.