An easy recipe for Brussels sprouts with amazing results. Even Brussels sprouts haters with enjoy this version.
Suit to taste your palate, this recipe includes three variations for a most wonderful culinary delight. It is a fabulous dish that can be adjusted to your liking.
Moreover, just one cup provides you with over 100% of your daily intake of vitamins C and K!
- * 2 pounds Brussels sprouts; cleaned, yellow leaves removed, ends trimmed, halved
- * 4 TBLS extra virgin olive oil
- * 1 teaspoon sea or Himalayan salt, to taste
- * ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Variations (add any of the following to suit your palate)
- * 6 cloves of garlic, minced or quartered
- * 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- * ½ cup fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated
- * 2 TBLS fresh rosemary or thyme
- * ½ cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C)
- Put Brussels sprouts in a roasting pan or cast iron skillet. Add oil, garlic (optional), salt and pepper. Also add lemon juice, rosemary or thyme if preferred.
- Place the pan in the top portion of the oven. Cook for 20 minutes. Stir to prevent sticking. Cook another 10-15 minutes
- Add lemon juice, rosemary or thyme before roasting, if preferred
- Add pine nuts or cheese the last 5 minutes of cooking, if desired. Brussels sprouts should be nicely browned and tender. Don’t worry if some of the outside leaves are crunchy.
- Best served warm but can be served cold if preferred
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Diet Tags: Low Calorie, Gluten Free
Extras for Easy Cooking and Fanciful Displays