Vegetarian Tortillas made easy: Not too often do I suggest making something that isn’t from scratch. But sometimes we all need a break from cooking.
This recipe for Mexican food is about as simple (if not lazy) as you can get. Most importantly, it is unquestionably delicious.
I hope you’re hungry.
- *1 package of flour tortillas, if you do not like wheat then try rice, it is very similar to white
- *1 can refried beans, black or pinto
- *1-2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Optional Garnishes
- *Sour cream
- *Onions, diced
- *Tomato, diced
- *1-2 avocados, sliced
- *Cilantro, finely chopped
- *1 fresh container of salsa
- *3-5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Place beans in pan and heat on low. Stir occasionally.
- Prepare preferred garnishes and place into individual bowls.
- Grate cheese. Next, cover tortillas with cheese.
- Place tortillas onto a baking sheet. Place the pan under the broil to melt the cheese. Watch very carefully, some broilers will melt the cheese in less than a minute.
- With a spoon, cover the cheese tortillas with refried beans.
- Garnish the tortilla with preferred toppings. Enjoy to your heart’s content.
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Diet Tags: High Protein
- Culinary Tradition: Mexican
Festive Spanish Plates for the Occasion
What better way to have a Mexican meal than served on a festive plate.
Spice up your dinner table with an authentic display.
Keep it simple, or go all out!
Personally, I love Spanish ans Mexican pottery. The colors are soooo amazing. There are earthy tones as well as bright colors with simple designs! Hey, if you’re going to have a siesta, then live it up!!!
Check out the wide selections of traditional dinnerware; ideal for a fabulous siesta!
Vegetarian tortillas with cilantro: aida mollenkamp via photopin cc
Veggie tortillas on black plate: prideandvegudice via photopin cc
Vegetarian Tortillas with the works: bamalibrarylady via photopin cc