If you are looking for a drink that energizes and revitalizes, then look no more.
This Exotic Red Fruit Smoothie is packed with 5 superfoods plus loaded with vitamins, minerals and numerous health benefits.
The striking red color matches the nutrient-rich flavor in sweetness and medicinal qualities. With the rich taste of raspberry and aftertaste of dark chocolate, acai berries adds antioxidants to this delicious fruit smoothie.
What’s more, goji berries give you a rich source of vitamin A on top of more antioxidants. A new-found superfood with amazing results.
Then there’s a taste of paradise found in mangosteen . It is so sweet that some even consider it the forbidden fruit. Mangosteen is a traditional medicine and fruit that has been used in various Asian countries for centuries. Even the health benefits of mangosteen have been known since the 18th century. Here is a small overview of its nutrients:
- Contains powerful antioxidants
- High in fibers and carbohydrates
- Rich source of vitamin A and vitamin C
- Packed with iron, calcium and potassium
- A great source of xanthones (an immune system booster)
- Moderate source of B-complex vitamins like thiamin, niacin and folates
Mangosteen also contains strong antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is known to effectively boost weak immune systems. Moreover, this amazing fruit is said to help stop infection, treat inflammation and increase natural energy. What’s more, many health experts believe that mangosteen may help prevent anemia, tuberculosis, strokes and coronary heart diseases, cancer, Alzheimer’s, acne and premature aging.
Okay, I think you have the picture; this exotic red fruit smoothie will do more than energize and revitalize you. Have fun with the recipe and don’t be afraid to adjust the ingredients to fit your taste buds. Oh, please use only organic foods, the majority of non-organic products are very high in preservatives, additives, chemicals and may contain GMO’s. Hear ya go!
- 2 cups coconut milk or almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup mangosteen juice (to taste)
- Two TBLS pomegranate juice (optional)
- 3.5 ounces frozen acai puree, 1 TBLS acai powder or 2 TBLS acai juice
- 2 TBLS goji berry
- 1 fresh or frozen banana (frozen will make a creamier smoothie)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries or cherries (optional)
- A little honey, stevia or maple syrup to sweeten (optional)
- 1 TBLS protein powder (Good brands are MacaForce and Spiru-tein)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth!
- Adjust sweetness and fruit, to taste
- Enjoy at least once a week for optimum results
- Diet Type: Vegan
- Diet Tags: Low Calorie, High Protein, Gluten Free, Raw
- Extra Note: Use organic ingredients as much as possible
I almost forgot! For an extra energizing boost you can add protein powder. Two Outstanding Platable & Quality brands are:
Disclaimer: The statements enclosed herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products and information mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of a healthcare professional. Before starting any diet, seek expert advice.