These over-sized vegetarian stuffed mushrooms are the centerpiece of a good meal.
They are stuffed with silky ricotta, spinach and yummy cheese.
In truth, the mouthwatering temptations will leave you begging for more. Gigantic Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms make the ideal feast for a small get-together or afternoon affair.
- *4 very large portabella mushrooms, stemmed and gills scraped out
- *2 TBSP olive oil
- *2 cloves garlic, minced
- *½ cup onion, finely chopped
- *1 cup ricotta cheese
- *1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- *¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- *1 cup mozzarella or Provolone cheese, grated
- *Salt and fresh pepper to taste
- *Fresh Basil
- *Fresh Rosemary
- *Fresh Romano or parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375’F. Gently rub olive oil on the outer portion of the mushrooms.
- Heat a large skillet and sauté onion and garlic for 4 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook until done. Cool.
- In a large bowl mix ricotta cheese, Provolone and basil. Mix in onion, garlic and spinach mixture.
- Stir in grated cheese, salt and pepper.
- With a small spoon, fill each mushroom with the cheese mixture using generous amounts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and the cheese is melted. Enjoy!
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Diet Tags: High Protein
- Culinary Tradition: Italian
Ah, the Perfect Bowl