Embrace the heat with a healthy Lime in de Coconut cocktail. Of course, a healthy drink should be made without alcohol.
Whether you are right dab in the middle of the city or on a remote farm, this refreshing cocktail will make you feel like you’re in the tropics. One sip and you’ll have the sensation of lounging on a white sandy beach on the Maldives or Fiji islands.
This healthy cocktail is smooth, pleasantly sweet coupled with a light hint of refreshing lime. It’s a tropical cocktail that is light and easy to make when crunched for time.
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate you purchasing through our links.
An Exotic Cocktail
For an exotic cocktail, serve in halved coconut garnished with fresh lime. For a cocktail on the ‘lighter’ side, substitute Vita Coco Coconut Water, Pure
Hint: You may want to reduce the lime a bit or add more honey, coconut water is not as sweet or rich as Let’s Do Organic Creamed Coconut or coconut milk.
Oh, I almost forgot.
Do you remember the song, “She put de lime in de coconut, she drank ‘em bot’ up”? Well, coconut and lime together is actually great for a stomach ache.
Many health professionals believe that limes and lemons help relieve stomach ache that is caused by flatulence and over eating. On the same note, coconut milk or coconut water is said to be a superb remedy for stomach pain caused by irritable bowel syndrome. Moreover, many believe that it may cure inflammation and acidity in the stomach which can happen after eating spicy food.
Note: This article is not intended for medical advice. If you have stomach issues then contact your healthcare provider for advice.
- 6-8 teaspoons of rum extract (organic), to taste
- 1 ½ cup cream of coconut (sweetened coconut cream) or coconut milk
- ¼ cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 to 6 limes)
- ½ fresh organic lime (rind and all), chopped into small pieces
- 2 TBLS finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 4 large cups ice
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together
- Add half of the mixture to a blender and mix until creamy and smooth. Adjust to taste. Refrigerate while you blend the remaining mixture
- If sugared rims are desired, lightly dip the cocktail glasses into coconut water or just plain filtered water, next dip glasses in bowl of organic raw sugar (fine ground). Carefully pour in lime and coconut cocktail
- Garnish glasses with wedges of lime or serve in halved coconuts
- This recipe is also perfect for freezing, making a fabulous frozen treat on a hot summer day!
- Diet Type: Vegan
- Culinary Tradition: Tropical Islands
The Perfect Ingredients
- Cook’s Pure Rum Extract 4 oz
- Madhava Organic, Agave Nectar Light, Squeeze Bottles
- Native Forest Organic Classic Coconut Milk
- Native Forest Organic Coconut Cream
Lime and coconut cocktail in blue rimmed cup: chefgwen via photopin cc
Lime and coconut cocktail in margarita glass without sugared rim: quinn.anya via photopin cc
Lime and coconut cocktail with whole coconut: alonis via photopin cc
Lime and coconut cocktail with girls on the beach: KSmillie via photopin cc
Lime and coconut cocktail in margarita glass: milky.way via photopin cc
Lime and coconut cocktail with lemon: NoIdentity via photopin cc