Now who doesn’t like homemade zucchini bread? It has been a favorite of mine since I was a child. Zucchini bread is a great way to make use of the of the extra squash your have in your garden.
During fall harvest, there is nothing finer than making zucchini bread when the days start getting colder.
This healthy recipe is wonderfully moist, easy to make and flavorful. Enjoy it for breakfast or as a late afternoon treat.
- * 2 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- * ½ cup rice flour
- * 1 TBSP cinnamon
- * ½ teaspoon sea salt
- * 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda (lead free)
- * ¼ teaspoon baking powder (lead free)
- * 2-3 eggs
- * ½ cup oil
- * ½ cup milk or buttermilk
- * ½ cup honey
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla
- * 3 cups zucchini, grated (with or without rind)
- * 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- * Oil and flour for baking pan
- * ½ cup chocolate or carob chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C) for large loaf pan. Bake at 300°F (150°C) for small loaf pan or muffins tins
- Oil and flour a glass baking pan or muffin tins
- Blend dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Beat eggs
- Make a well (or hole) in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in eggs, oil, honey and vanilla. Stir until combined – do not over mix
- Fold in zucchini and nuts
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan(s) or muffin tins
- Let rest for 10-20 minutes
- Bake until toothpick comes clean in the center of the loaf or muffin
- Bake 50 – 60 minutes for larger loaf pans. Bake 30 – 40 minutes for smaller pans. Bake 15 – 20 minutes for muffins
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes then place chocolate or carob chips on the top while still warm
- Enjoy! Hint: Make a double batch so you can freeze some. It is a fabulous treat on a cold winter or fall day
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Diet Tags: Reduced Fat
Baking Pans for Zucchini Bread
Glass pans are the ideal baking dish. They cook evenly and do not leave a metal taste found in other bake-ware.
Serving Dishes for a Fabulous Display!
What better way to celebrate the fall harvest than to have friends over for tea and some healthy zucchini bread. Top off the festive occasion by serving your favorite dessert or snack on a nice plate.