Are you lactose intolerant but Love Cheese?
Do you often crave cheese and suffer the consequences after you eat it?
Well, here is a dairy free cheese recipe that can satisfy that craving. Just like cheese with flavorful ooey gooey satisfaction.
This is an excellent dairy free cheese that shreds, slices and melts perfectly.
Ideal for all meals that require cheese!
- 1 cup blanched almonds or raw cashews
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 ½ cups organic non-GMO soy milk, unsweetened
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, organic
- 1/3 cup agar powder or 1 cup agar flakes
- 2 TBLS fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea or Himalayan salt
- 1 TBLS organic miso, white or yellow
- Add fresh chives, chopped
- Add 4 TBLS fresh organic herbs like rosemary, basil or caraway
- Add 2 teaspoons of onion powder and 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Blanch almonds to remove skin. To blanch, set almonds in a large bowl and add boiling water. Let almonds set in hot water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and place almonds on a towel to dry. Remove skin
- In a food processor, grind the almonds or cashews on pulse. Make sure and not allow the nuts to turn to paste. Mix in the nutritional yeast, salt and preferred spices such as garlic. Pulse 2-3 more times.
- In a medium sized saucepan; mix soy milk, oil and agar, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until agar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly add soy milk to nut mixture through the feed tube while food processor is on low. Blend approximately 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add lemon juice and miso.
- If you want the cheese for melting, you can use it immediately. If the cheese is to be sliced or grated then place in a preferred container, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm
- If you have a smaller food processor then you can mix in batches. You can also mix everything in a saucepan by stirring vigorously for a few minutes until the right consistency.
- Diet Type: Vegan
- Diet Tags: Reduced Fat, Gluten Free
- Dietary Restriction: Kosher
In this recipe for vegan cheese, all you really need are:
- Almonds or Cashews
- Nutritional Yeast
- Organic Soymilk
- Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Agar powder or agar flakes
- Lemon Juice
- Himalayan Salt
- Organic miso, White or Yellow
That’s it! Once you get the basic recipe down you can start making changes to suit your fancy.
Cooking Made Easy
Top Seller Hamilton Beach 70740 8-Cup Food Processor, Black
Close 2nd: Conair Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor Brushed Chrome & Nickel
For Serving: Corelle Livingware 2-Quart Serving Bowl, Winter Frost White
Bellemain 4 oz. Porcelain Ramekins, Set of 6
Featured picture: toastforbrekkie via photopin cc
Dairy free cheese on cutting board: Chiot’s Run via photopin cc
Cheese on wood cutting board with butter knife: Pressed Lemon Cheese via photopin (license)