If you love a rum flavor, then you will adore this Honey Butter Rum Sauce. It is easy to make and can be put together in a jiffy.
This creamy rum sauce is packed with punch and flavor! In truth, traditional recipes were known to be very intoxicating if too much was consumed! So please keep in mind, this recipe contains rum and is for adults only.
This is a great Rum Sauce for bread pudding, cheesecake or even ice cream. As well, it is traditionally served with Honey Apple Rum Raisin Cake.
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate you purchasing through our links.
- * ¾ cup honey
- * 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- * ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- * ½ cup dark rum
- In saucepan melt butter then mix in honey and egg yolks
- Cook over medium-low heat until thickened. Whisk occasionally
- Never allow the sauce to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in rum
- Cool slightly then serve with rum raisin bread
- Will store up to 7-10 days in refrigerator. Put in airtight container. Warm slightly when ready to use
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Culinary Tradition: English
Perfect for the Occasion
Featured picture: zannaland via photopin cc
Butter rum sauce and peaches: Janet Hudson via photopin cc
Butter rum sauce and rum raisin cake: HarshLight via photopin cc
Drunken Apple Bread Pudding – Food Wanderings