This cranberry pear crisp recipe has pieces of sweet pears wedded with tart cranberries and a crisp streusel-like topping.
It is the ideal fall harvest dessert for a blistery autumn night.
If you can find cranberries in the summer, it also makes the perfect refreshing dessert in the summer.
Honey Cranberry Pear Crisp is easy to prepare and goes well after any meal.
The ideal treat served warm with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream.
- * 5-6 firm pears, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- * 1 TBLS fresh lemon juice, organic
- * 1 ½ cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- * 1/3 cup honey or turbinado sugar, organic
- * 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- * ¼ turbinado sugar
- *½ cup whole wheat pastry flour (may substitute rice flour), organic
- * ½ cup butter, cold
- * 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated (optional)
- * ¼ cup turbinado sugar
- * 2 teaspoons molasses (optional)
- * ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- *1 cup steel-cut rolled oats, organic
- * ¼ teaspoon Himalayan or rock salt
- * French vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC)
- Lightly oil a 3-quart baking dish or six 8-ounce ramekins
- In a large bowl, mix pears, lemon juice and orange zest. Add cranberries, honey (or sugar) and vanilla
- Add mixture to baking dish or ramekins
- Sprinkle with topping
- Bake for 40 minutes (ramekins for about 25 minutes) or until topping is a golden color
- Cool for at least 10 minutes. Serve hot by itself or with French vanilla ice cream
- In a food processor, pulse butter and flour until crumbly. Add sugar, molasses, cinnamon, salt and oats. Pulse again until mixture forms moist clumps
- Diet Type: Vegan