Don’t make too much of this crème anglaise recipe. You’ll find yourself sneaking the leftovers until it’s gone.
But then again, make a whole lot! This recipe is divine!
This honey crème anglaise is a rich sweet custard sauce that can be drizzled over just about anything.
You will be amazed at the million possibilities.
- * 2 cups half-and-half (organic), may substitute whole milk
- * 4 large egg yolks or 2 large eggs
- * ¼ cup raw sugar (granulated)
- * 2 TBLES honey
- * A pinch of salt
- * 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- * Contents of 1 vanilla bean (cut lengthwise and scrape out) or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Warm cream, honey and vanilla in a medium sauce pan over low heat. Remove and cool completely
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs and sugar. Whisk until mixture forms a pale yellow or forms ribbons on the surface
- Add a small amount of the cream mixture to the eggs, stir continuously
- Straightaway, whisk in the egg mixture to the heated cream. Lightly whisk well combined
- Heat liquid over low-medium heat stirring constantly. It is done when the mixture is thick enough to coat a spoon
- Remove from heat
- Strain the custard if needed to remove pieces of eggs that may have curdled
- Chill until set
- For an extra nice display, drizzle with cranberry juice (thickened with arrowroot) to make swirls as in the above picture
- Enjoy with your dessert of choice
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Culinary Tradition: French
Serve Your Spectacular Fair in Elegant Dessert Bowls
For a divine and elegant setting, serve this delicious and stunning dessert in a beautiful Tuscany bowl. Here are just a few of Tuscany’s fine crafted ceramics!