What could be better than a warm piece of honey gingerbread on a brisk day? A fresh piece of gingerbread right out of the oven topped with honey cinnamon whipped cream!
This gluten free gingerbread uses applesauce to reduce the fat and calories found in most gingerbread.
The whipped cream is made with organic raw cream, sweetened with honey and spiced with cinnamon.
It is a scrumptious dessert with a touch of traditional for comfort.
Make plenty, for it will be a favorite with your family and friends.
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate you purchasing through our links.
- * 1 ½ cup gluten free flour or 1 cup almond flour and ½ cup coconut flour
- * ¼ cup organic and GMO-free cane sugar
- * ½ cup organic unsulphered blackstrap molasses
- * ½ cup organic, plain applesauce
- * 2 TBLS butter, softened
- *1 large or 2 small organic, free range eggs
- * 1 TBLS organic ginger root, grated (or ¼ teaspoon ground)
- * ½ teaspoon ground clove
- * ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- * ½ teaspoon non-aluminum baking powder
- * ½ teaspoon non-aluminum baking soda (Bob’s Red Mill is a good brand)
- * 2 cups organic, raw whipping cream
- * 1/3 cup raw honey
- * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Lightly oil two 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pans or 1 8×8 inch baking pan then coat it with flour
- In a small bowl, cream together butter and molasses. Stir in applesauce and cane sugar. In another bowl, beat eggs and fold into butter mixture. Set aside
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients; flour, spices and leavening.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to flour mixture
- Pour batter into oiled pan, bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean
- In a blender or mixer, blend raw cream until it thickens. Once it starts to thicken; drizzle honey into bowl and continue to beat the cream. When the whipped cream reaches the desired consistency, sprinkle in the cinnamon and beat just few seconds, until combined
- To serve, top the gingerbread with a dollop of whipped cream and decorate with a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg
- Diet type: Vegetarian
- Diet tags: Reduced Fat, Gluten Free