A delicious tomato bisque soup served anytime of the year.
It is great right off the stove when days are freezing and fabulous served cold on a warm sunny day.
Just like home, tomato bisque warms the heart and soul. This is a wonderful light soup for afternoon snacks or can be served with your favorite double-Decker.
Kids love this soup along with grilled cheese sandwiches. Adults love it for the French cuisine.
- *4 large whole tomatoes
- *2 teaspoons butter
- *1 teaspoon basil (optional)
- *2 ½ cups milk
- *½ cup cream or half & half
- *Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- *Fresh Basil
- *Fresh chives
- *Grated Cheese
- Place tomatoes in a double boiler and steam until skin is wrinkled. Cool slightly
- Remove skin from tomatoes once cooled enough to handle
- Mix diced tomatoes, milk, butter and basil. Cook on low for 3 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Add cream, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or refrigerate a couple of hours until chilled. Top with your favorite garnish
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Diet Tags: Gluten Free
- Culinary Tradition: French
Pottery Soup Mugs
There is nothing finer than a nice soup mug filled with tomato bisque! Here are many soup mug styles and designs.