French chocolate truffles are the most exquisite divine pleasure around.
This French recipe is made with the finest organic dark chocolate and traditionally prepared for optimal results.
Perfect for festive occasions, special holiday treats and the ideal gift guaranteed to bring a warm smile. These French chocolate truffles are smooth, rich and intense in flavor.
This French chocolate truffles recipe is basic plus has a large variety of options for different flavors with instructions.
- * 1 ½ cup organic heavy cream (can add ½ cup more if milkier taste is desired)
- * 24 ounces organic dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- * 16 ounces additional organic dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- * 3 teaspoons organic rum extract
- * 3 teaspoons organic almond extract
- * 3 teaspoons organic raspberry extract
- * 2 ½ cups coconut (use 1 cup for rolling)
- * 3 teaspoons organic peppermint extract
- * 6 TBLS orange zest or 3 teaspoons organic orange extract
- * 1 ½ cup raisins soaked in 2-4 TBLS rum for 3 hours (drain)
- * 1 ½ cup chopped walnuts soaked in 2-4 TBLS cognac for 2-3 hours (drain)
- * 1 ½ cup chopped almonds soaked in 2-4 TBLS amaretto for 2-3 hours (drain)
- * ½ cup cacao powder
- * ½ cup finely chopped nuts; almonds, walnuts, pistachios, etc.
- * 6 TBLS finely ground coffee beans (dark roast like French or Italian)
- * Chai: 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon cardamom and cloves, ½ teaspoon ginger
- Break the chocolate into small even sized pieces and place is a large bowl
- Bring the cream to a boil slowly
- Pour hot cream over the chocolate and little at a time while continually stirring until it becomes uniform or the same consistency
- Add desired flavoring while the ganache is still warm
- When the ganache warm it will be creamy
- Traditional French bakers use a whisk to thicken the ganache. It needs to be thick enough to form balls
- Ganache can also be placed in the refrigerator to thicken
- Use two spoons or a baking sac to form balls. You want them to be uniform and round
- Place truffles on parchment or wax paper
- Melt the remaining dark chocolate slowly in a double boiler.
- Dip the truffles in the melted chocolate and then roll in cocoa or preferred ingredient
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Will keep up to 2 weeks
- Place in room temperature an hour or two before serving
- For making gifts you can place each truffle in an unbleached mini paper cup and arrange them in a nice sustainable container made of recycled paper or tin.
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Culinary Tradition: French
Organic Chocolate at its Finest
Ah, the fine taste of smooth decadent dark chocolate.
Unbleached Mini Paper Cups for Display
We can do without bleach and colors in out chocolate truffles!
Recycled Gift Wrap Boxes
Featured pic: WoofBC via photopin cc
Featured picture in Post
Photo credit: ShellyS via photopin cc
French Chocolate Truffles Stacked:
Photo credit: David Leggett via photopin
Photo credit: Chocolate Reviews via photopin cc