Living Green Newsflash
Did you know that most sports and energy drinks contain loads of corn syrup (GMO’s), sucrose, artificial dyes, artificial flavorings, sodium citrate, potassium phosphate and other harmful ingredients? Not only are these energy drinks possibly harmful to your health but they may deplete your body of energy.
In order to have unfailing energy, the body must be able to adjust to daily stress. This energy drink may help uphold energy and stamina with herbs like ginseng and schisandra berry. These herbs may assist the body in helping to adapt to stress in a natural and healthy way.
Other helpful energy foods include:
* Astragalus root: Improves energy, stimulates the immune system and helps aging. Even Dr. Oz supports Astragalus for aging, improve energy, and to stimulate the immune system.
* Certified organic green tea: An antioxidant support that helps protect the body from free radical damage.
* Korean or Panax ginseng: Considered a natural adaptogen which takes pressure off the adrenal system to give you a natural energy boost.
* Black elderberry: An antioxidant, antiviral and possibly has anti-cancer properties.
* Ginger root: Increases circulation and relieves problem joints.
* American ginseng: Increases energy and alertness.
* Nettle leaf: Contains Electrolytes, builds energy and strengthens adrenals.
* Himalayan salt: High in minerals and Electrolytes
- * 8 cups of filtered water
- * 2 Green Tea, tea bags
- * 2 Panax ginseng tea bags
- * 1 American ginseng tea bag
- * 1 Nettle leaf tea bag
- * 20 drops Astragalus extract
- * 20 drops Schisandra berry extract
- * 2 -4 TBLS black elderberry juice concentrate, to taste
- * Fresh ginger, to taste
- * Pinch of Himalayan salt for Electrolytes (optional)
- * Juice of one lemon (optional)
- * 2-4 TBLS honey or agave nectar, to taste (optional)
- In a kettle or teapot, heat 8 cups filter water
- Pour hot water into a large teapot (makes sure it will hold 8 cups) or gallon size glass container
- Place the green tea, Panax and American ginseng in the hot water. Make sure cover the teapot of glass container with a lid so that the medicinal qualities do not escape. Wait 5 minutes and add the nettle tea. Steep for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add honey or agave nectar and fresh ginger while the water is still warm, to taste
- Stir in Astragalus and Schisandra berry extract
- Mix in the black elderberry juice concentrate, lemon (optional) and Himalayan salt (optional). Add additional filtered water if needed.
- Serve cold or warm. Enjoy!
- Diet type: Vegan
- Diet tags: Raw
Ingredients for Energy Drinks
Perfect Containers and Extras for Energy Drinks
Living Green Newsflash | Disclaimer
This article and recipe is not nutrition or health advice nor is it meant to treat or cure any medical condition or disease. Always consult a qualified healthcare specialist before making any changes in your diet.