Make way for festive occasions; celebrate the bounty of produce with homemade salsa served with your favorite dish.
Fresh harvest salsa served with organic tortilla chips is also a hit on special occasions.
This is an outstanding Organic Salsa Recipe that will get raves.
Organic salsa is easy to make and adaptable to your tastes and moods. You can use mild chiles for the delicate palate or hot peppers like habaneros for a ‘kick in the pants’.
Happy Fiesta and Enjoy!
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate you purchasing through our links.
- * 4 large ripe tomatoes,
- * 1 medium onion, finely diced
- * 1 small green bell pepper, seeds and veins removed, minced
- * 1-2 hot peppers like habaneros, jalapenos or Serrano’s, depending on taste (finely chopped)
- * ½-1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- * 2 cloves garlic, minced
- * ½ - 1 TBSP fresh lime juice, depending on taste
- * ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- * 1 TBSP olive oil (optional)
- * Note: Use fresh organic ingredients only
- Chop all vegetables by hand; it gives you more control over the size and shape plus it gives you a much better display
- If running short on time, use a food processor to chop the cilantro and garlic. Never use a food processor to chop onions, it pulverizes the onion and releases too much juice and overpowers the fresh salsa
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly. Gently with your hands, squeeze some of the tomatoes to release it full flavor. Be careful not to squish all the tomatoes so that you have a nice display
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to get full flavor.
- Serve at room temperature or cold, depending on preference
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Diet Tags: Low Calorie, Reduced Fat, Gluten Free, Raw
- Culinary Tradition: Mexican