This pasta dish is very rich and creamy.
The good news is, if you are vegan then you can substitute the heavy cream white coconut milk for a tasty meal.
This recipe uses a variety of wild mushrooms like shiitake, chanterelle and oyster.
So use the type you are most fond of. My favorites are shiitakes and portobellos. However, most any type of mushroom will work well for this recipe.
Pasta with Wild Mushrooms, Garlic & Thyme is a fabulous dish that goes well with a green leafy salad and warm homemade bread with a touch of organic butter.
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate you purchasing through our links.
- * 1 pound linguini pasta, may substitute tagliolini or tagliatelle
- *1 teaspoon rock or Himalayan salt, to taste
- * Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- * ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, organic
- * 1 small onion (yellow or red), sliced to desired thickness
- * 3 cloves garlic, minced
- * ½ cup zucchini, diced (optional)
- * 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 3 fresh sprigs
- * 1 pound wild mushrooms (shiitakes, chanterelles, morels, creminis, maiitake, portobellos, porcinis or oyster), washed, dried and sliced. Use more than one type of mushroom
- * 1 ½ cups heavy cream (may substitute unsweetened coconut milk with fat)
- * For garnish use fresh parsley, chives, halved cherry tomatoes or fresh grated parmesan cheese
- For pasta, bring water to a boil in a large pot
- Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan add oil until heated. On high heat, sauté garlic and onions. Cook until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and zucchini (if desired), cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add thyme, salt and pepper. Sauté for 1 minute longer. Mix in cream or coconut milk. Bring to a slow boil then simmer for 5 minutes or until mixture slightly thickens
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to instructions. Linguini should cook about 6-7 minutes for al dente. Tagliolini and tagliatelle should cook about 5 minutes
- Drain pasta then gently add to the sauce mixture. If needed, add a touch of pasta water if the sauce is to thick
- Serve pasta in nice Tuscany bowls and garnish with parsley, cherry tomatoes, chives or fresh grated parmesan cheese
- May substitute zucchini with 1 cup fresh organic spinach.
- Diet Type: Vegan
- Diet Tags: Low Calorie