The pasta with pesto sauce is creamy and smooth traditional recipe that will always be a hit. It has the perfect combination of garlic and basil with a slight nutty flavor. This classic dish is a favorite to many. Serve fresh artichoke salad, a side of steamed veggies and fresh bread with roasted garlic and butter.
- *1 lb. pasta
- *1/3 cup olive oil
- *2 cloves garlic, minced
- *2 cups fresh basil leaves, chopped fine
- *¼ cup Romano or Parmesan cheese, grated
- *½ cup pine nuts, walnut may be substituted, chopped fine
- *Salt to taste (no more than 1 teaspoon)
- Cook pasta al dente, read the cooking instructions carefully so you do not overcook. The best type of pasta to use for pesto is Fusilli, Fusilli Paesani, Farfalle, Gemelli and Rotini.
- Blend the basil leaves in small portions of around ¾ cup in a food processor. Mix until well chopped. Add the nuts, garlic and oil a little at a time until creamy and smooth.
- Toss pesto into the warm pasta and sprinkle with pine nuts, Romano cheese or a sprig of parsley.
- For a nice variety, add fresh steamed Portabellas or Shitakes
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Diet Tags: High Protein
- Culinary Tradition: Italian
Tuscany Ceramic Bowls
Serve this fabulous meal with a nice table setting. Tuscany ceramic dinnerware is perfect for for displaying Italian dinners such as pasta with pesto sauce.