An easy side dish that is healthy and perfect for a vegetarian feast. Serve them any time of day and any time of year.
These roasted potatoes are made with the perfect blend of fine quality olive oil, herbs and spices. It is a side dish that always disappears quickly at a dinner party or special occasion.
Make plenty, your guests with be going back for seconds or thirds!
- * 2 pounds red or baby potatoes
- * ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- * 5-7 cloves garlic, minced or halved, to taste
- * 2 TBLS fresh rosemary, dried can also be used
- * 1 teaspoon rock or Himalayan salt, to taste
- * 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper, to taste
- * Fresh Romano or Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- * Water for simmering
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Clean and cut potatoes into preferred bite size pieces.
- Place potatoes in a large pan of water, bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Drain and cool immediately so the potatoes do not get overdone.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle evenly with oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Make sure to coat the potatoes well with oil so they do not stick to the pan. As well, too much oil can make the potatoes greasy, so don’t overdo it. You want just enough to prevent burning.
- Bake potatoes for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese if desired. Serve hot
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
Cooking Made Easy