The perfect smoothie! Healthy chia seeds, the right amount of spice, not to sweet, a dab of creamy coconut and refreshing orange juice.
Top it off with fresh whipped cream if you desire! Talk about heaven!
Then there’s the health benefits! In truth, there are numerous chia seed health benefits.
They are tiny superfood seeds that are high in omega-3 fats and fiber. Moreover, chia seeds are high in Manganese, Protein and help combat belly fat.
Studies also suggest that chia seeds may help with blood sugar issues and support bone and oral health. This smoothie recipe is high in protein, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory omega-3s. Wow!
Start your day with an extra boost with this amazing chia smoothie. It is loaded with 10 grams of fiber and high doses of vitamin C. And for an excellent Protein Powder try Maca Force .
A chia smoothie is the perfect energy drink for morning breakfast or afternoon pick-me-up.
- * 2 TBSP chia seeds
- * 1 cup coconut milk
- * 2 TBSP fresh orange juice
- * 1 TBSP agave nectar or maple syrup
- * ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- * 1 TBSP cinnamon, to taste
- * ¼ teaspoon anise, to taste
- * ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground cardamom, to taste
- * ½ orange, peeled, segmented, sliced
- * ½ pear, thinly sliced
- * ½ banana, fresh or frozen
- * ¼ cup almonds, chopped fine
- Mix the coconut milk, sweetener, orange juice, vanilla and cardamom in a food processor or blender
- Pour the liquid over the chia seeds and stir with a whisk or spoon thoroughly. Set aside in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes or overnight.
- Once the chia seeds have softened, stir again. If the smoothie is too thick add a touch of coconut milk until it is the desired consistency
- Pour into a tall glass
- Serve cold with sliced oranges as a garnish. Enjoy!
- To save time, I soak my chia seeds overnight. That way I don't have to wait for them to soften while I prepare my smoothie in the morning.
- Diet Type: Vegan
- Diet Tags: Low Calorie, Reduced Fat, Reduced Carbohydrates, High Protein, Gluten Free, Raw
Finding Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are not always easy to find, especially organic chia seeds. One of the best places to shop for specialty items is Amazon. You can find unique items such as chia seeds at a very reasonable price.
How about starting out your spring and summer with a new blender. You can treat yourself to a delicious smoothie everyday. Amazon has some wonderful deals on blenders that will help you make the perfect chia smoothie.