These date rolls are a lot smoother and creamier than the new blended method. There really is no comparison.
These coconut date rolls are a delectable treat.
This recipe is similar to the traditional method in the Middle East. In fact, fresh dates rolled in coconut are a very popular dessert served with tea in Saudi Arabia.
For the perfect gift – Coconut date rolls can be placed in a decorative holiday tin or in a decorated recycled box for a very eye catching Eco gift.
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate you purchasing through our links.
- 2 lbs dates, pitted
- 2 cups coconut, finely shredded
- ½ lb almonds, slivered (optional)
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 1 TBSP butter, unsalted
- Lightly coat the bottom of a medium sized saucepan with butter
- Place dates in pan and add a touch of water. Heat on low stirring occasionally. Add extra water if needed to prevent from sticking to pan
- Remove from heat when the dates are smooth and creamy. Allow to cool
- Form the dates into balls or finger shapes then roll in coconut while still warm.
- Place an almond sliver on each date roll. Serve
- Coconut date rolls can be left unrefrigerated for up to 3 days. They are best when served fresh or at room temperature.
- Toast the coconut for a nice variation and slightly nuttier taste
- You can roll the dates in melted organic chocolate. However, coconut is the traditional method
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Diet Tags: Gluten Free
- Culinary Tradition: Middle Easter
Recycled Gift Wrap Boxes & Bags
Oh! How I love fresh dates. Moist, naturally sweet and so good!
Organic Tea Gift Sets
Here are some great organic teas sets that are a perfect compliment to coconut date rolls: