We all know that traditional eggnog is made with eggs. Even the healthy versions of eggnog have eggs. This vegan eggnog is egg-less, made without milk and absolutely scrumptious.
Additionally, you can alter the recipe by selecting the type of dairy-free milk and type of sweetener. This vegan eggnog is wonderful around the holidays but also makes a great dairy free beverage in the summertime!
- * 4 cups full fat coconut milk (may substitute almond milk)
- * 1 teaspoon guar gum, for a thicker nog (optional)
- * 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey (optional)
- * 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- * ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- * ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small to medium saucepan, whisk the coconut milk, spices, agave nectar and guar gum. Heat on low stirring constantly
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened
- Refrigerate until cold and serve. Garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired
- Diet Type: Vegan
- Diet Tags: Gluten Free