This is a rich yet light vegan fettuccine Alfredo made with a cauliflower base sauce for extra creaminess and nutrition.
The sauce also has a wonderful cheese flavor that comes from the nutritional yeast. Immerse fettuccine noodles with the cheesy sauce; throw in some steamed shiitakes, top with sprigs of parsley and some vegan Parmesan. Serve with a side of vinaigrette salad, fresh garlic bread and you have yourself a fabulous meal.
Nonetheless, if you are so inclined. You can always use real Parmesan or Romano, whole milk and skip the nutritional yeast.
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate you purchasing through our links.
- 4 ½ cups cauliflower florets
- ½ TBLS extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, or other preferred milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 TBLS fresh lemon juice
- ¼ - ½ onions, chopped fine
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup mushrooms (optional)
- Dash sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Fettuccine pasta
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot, add cauliflower and cover with filtered water. Bring to a low boil. Once boiling, cook 3-7 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat a large pot of water for pasta
- Heat and oil a large skillet to medium-low. Add garlic, mushrooms and onion, sauté for 4-5 minutes or until softened and fragrant, but not browned
- In a blender or food processor, add cauliflower, milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Blend until super creamy and smooth. Stir in mushroom mixture. Set aside
- In pot of boiling water, add fettuccine pasta. Cook al dente or until the desired firmness. Drain
- In the large pot, add the cauliflower sauce and cooked pasta, stir until well combined
- Serve with sprigs of parsley for garnish
- For even a creamier sauce, add a TBLS or more of vegan butter to the sauce. You can also add steamed broccoli for some color.
- If you are using real cheese, heat the sauce and then add.
Spinach fettuccine pasta: jypsygen via photopin cc
Fettuccine Alfredo on nice plate: smiteme via photopin cc
Fettuccine Alfredo in white bowl: mealmakeovermoms via photopin cc
Fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli in glass bowl: axmai via photopin cc