This is a great hearty soup for a cold winter’s day.
It is also great in the summertime when fresh vegetables are abundant.
This vegetable curry lentil soup is loaded with minerals and vitamins. As well, it will definitely fit your budget.
This recipe is similar to the traditional Indian lentil soup but with a few extra vegetables.
Serve this amazing soup with a small green salad and warm flat bread (Naan). You can also top it off with yogurt or sour cream if desired!
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate you purchasing through our links.
- *2 TBS olive oil or butter
- *1 onion, chopped
- *2 garlic cloves, minced
- *1 teaspoon turmeric
- *2 teaspoon curry powder
- *1 teaspoon clove, ground
- *2 small pinches of cinnamon
- *½ teaspoon cardamom, ground
- *4 teaspoons thyme, fresh or dried
- *2 carrots, chopped
- *2 potatoes, chopped
- *1 cup of broccoli, chopped
- *1 cup lentils, dried
- *3 cups of filtered water
- *2 -4 tomatoes, chopped
- *½ cup dry wine (optional)
- *1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- *Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add turmeric, curry, clove, cinnamon, cardamom and thyme. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add carrots, potatoes, broccoli, lentils and water. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper and cook for 15 more minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Serve on its own as a meal or with fresh bread if desired.
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- Diet Tags: Gluten Free
- Culinary Tradition: Indian (Marathi Cuisine)
Soup Bowls @ Amazon | Great Taste & Price