This recipe is about as easy and quick as it gets. It is a hearty meal that’s perfect for using up leftover vegetables in the fridge. It’s packed with super foods that give you extra energy for the cold autumn and winter days.
Vinaigrette roasted vegetables are also great for a summertime feast. The ideal dish for a picnic or social gathering.
Don’t be afraid to be creative and try out different vegetables. Just about any favorite garden food works for roasting.
- * 3 carrots, sliced
- * 1 onion, cut into segments
- * 2 cups broccoli
- * ½ cup cauliflower
- * ½ red cabbage, sliced
- * 5 baby red or gold potatoes, sliced
- * 2 cups of squash of choice, cleaned and cubed
- * 1 cup mushrooms (Shitake or Portabella), sliced
- * 2-3 cloves garlic, to taste
- * 2-4 teaspoons olive oil
- * 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- For Vinaigrette Sauce
- * 4 TBLS extra virgin olive oil
- * 4 TBLS rice wine vinegar
- * 1 cup organic apple cider
- * 1 TBLS honey or agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Place chopped vegetables into a large oiled baking dish
- Lightly brush vegetables with oil
- Roast vegetables for about 15 minutes then turn over and roast another 15 to 30 minutes. Vegetables should be tender. Check often to make sure it does not burn.
- Meanwhile, cook a favorite grain like brown rice, couscous or quinoa. Season with preferred spices such as cumin, curry or other favorites
- To make Vinaigrette Sauce
- Mix all ingredients well
- Pour sauce over warm vegetables, toss well to coat evenly
- Serve vegetables with choice of grain
- Diet Type: Vegan
- Diet Tags: Reduced Fat, Gluten Free