Hot mulled cider is a favorite, especially this time of year.
It’s a ‘Must Have’ when the weather turns dark and cold.
Mulled cider is perfect for a blustery ‘Winnie the Pooh’ kind of day.
There’s nothing better than sitting in a cozy spot rolled up in blankets with a cup of hot spiced mulled cider to shake the blusters away.
Enjoy any time, any day.
- * 2 quarts (8 cups) pure apple cider, organic
- * 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- * 2 whole allspice berries
- * 8 whole star anise pods (optional)
- * 8 cardamom pods, cracked (optional)
- * 2 whole cloves
- * 2 orange wheels (may substitute lemon), quartered
- In a medium size pan bring the apple cider to a gentle boil. Add all the spices and oranges, gently simmer for 20 minutes
- Remove the spices. Set aside.
- Ladle spiced mulled cider into preferred mugs.
- Decorate each cup with a cinnamon stick, a star anise and a slice of orange
- Serve hot
- You can also chill the mulled cider and serve over ice as a refreshing spiced drink
- Diet Type: Vegan
- Diet Tags: Low Calorie, Raw