As a vegan, one of the most missed foods has to be pizza. But you don’t have to give up pizza just because you are on a healthy vegan diet.
And yes, Vegan pizza is very tasty! Moreover, great pizza does not require cheese.
As well, you can add vegan cheese to this pizza recipe, if you desire.
In truth, mouthwatering pizza is about good crust, well balanced toppings and quality ingredients.
This vegan pizza defines what pizza is all about. It combines tomatoes, zucchini, wild mushrooms, onions, olive oil, garlic and basil for one of the best pizzas ever! This amazing dish includes a marinara sauce with an option of vegan cheese.
Oh, I almost forgot, here’s a fabulous pizza crust that is on the lighter side and very healthy Whole Grain Pizza Dough.
Note: There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on. This is how we keep our site free for you! So we really appreciate you purchasing through our links.
- ¼ - ½ cup Marinara sauce, organic
- ½ onions, chopped or sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1-2 Portabella mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2 cups grated vegan cheese like Daiya mozzarella or cashew cheese (if desired)
- Dried red hot pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400° F (220° C)
- Roll dough onto flowered surface. If you want to give it a spin, try tossing your dough into the air before rolling. This is an old technique that can transform the ball into a perfect disk if done right.
- Roll dough to desired thickness (thick or thin). Make sure the dough is thicker on the end than in the middle. That way you have a good crust and the pizza is not doughy in the center. When the dough is the right size, place the dough on the pizza pan.
- Prepare the toppings, slice and dice.
- Spread the Marinara sauce over the dough. Don’t use too much sauce, it will overpower the pizza. You want a good balance of flavor.
- Arrange the mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, fresh garlic and onions over the pizza. You can also add other vegetables like green peppers, broccoli or black olives if you like. Just remember to keep it simple so that the flavors are well balanced.
- Spread the vegan Daiya mozzarella over the pizza, if desired.
- Voilà, the pizza is ready to bake.
- Place pizza in preheated oven 8-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Serve hot with preferred garnishes.
- Diet Type: Vegan
- Diet Tags: High Protein, Dairy Free
- Culinary Tradition: Italian
Vegan pizza on blue plate: smiteme via photopin cc
Vegan pizza with black olives: smiteme via photopin cc
Vegan pizza close-up: rachelpeta2 via photopin cc
Vegan pizza with zucchini and black olives: smiteme via photopin cc